Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Do it all

Why do I always get the feeling like I need to be able to do it all? I know I can't and I just get so frustrated with myself when I don't.

For the past week or so I have been trying to do a load of laundry a day (per hubby). This just doesn't work. I am so behind on the laundry I feel like there is no end. And I guess there really isn't. When you have 3 kids and a husband the dirty clothes just don't stop coming. And I can't seem to stay on top of the diapers. What I mean is I will put them in the washer in the morning then forget they are in there so I will finish the rotation and do the hot/soap wash. I forget they are in there so I then I do the last wash cycle. They end up taking me all day. Now I really can't count the diapers as my load for the day, right? But when all is done and I have been in and out of the house all day then end up taking me all day.

Don't really know how I am going to handle this one. Plus the nights that I work I seem to be not on my game with most of the house work.

Then I need the time work on website stuff and networking. There just isn't enough time in a day to do it all.

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog when I was looking for Happy Heinys retailers in the Houston area. Have you seen the Single Dad Laughing blog? He has an article called "The disease called perfection."
    http://www.danoah.com/2010/09/disease-called-perfection.html

    I had one of the best days ever after reading that, and it sort of changed the way I think about things.

    Also, have you checked out flylady? I've taken a few ideas from her and it really helps. I don't follow her plan really, I just do what I can.

    I do the exact same thing with the diapers! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristi, I will check it out! BTW you are my one and only follower. Kind of neat to know someone is actually reading it. LOL

    ReplyDelete