Saturday, June 19, 2010

Waiting tables

If being a mom to 3 active girls and trying to keep my business going, I wait tables 2 nights a week. I try to work two busy nights without taking up my weekend. I need the money but don't want to take away from family time with hubby. But (this is the but) I am usually so tired after working thursday night and friday night that on saturday morning I don't want to do anything. I am doing this for the family but sometimes I think maybe I should just put the kids in day care and work a 9-5. But then I feel like I wouldn't really know my kids as well as I do and my house would still be a mess because I would not be home all day. I could not imagine having to do all the laundry I have to do if I worked those hours.

I guess you are always second guessing yourself and the decisions my make for your kids and your family. How do you balance it all? How do you do what you want and what you need? I really want my business to grow. I would love for it to actually make money so that it would be what is bringing in the money for the family instead of me having to wait tables. I wish I didn't have to over backwards for business.

For instance, I had a women call saying she wanted to buy a cloth diaper kit for her daughter. I told her that I had to work but she could meet me there and I would bring the item with me to work. I have done this before and it is a good place to meet moms for pickup. I do this the help local moms save on shipping and they can have their items right away. It is the closest thing to having a retail store as I can give at this point. Anyway, I took this big box with me to work and the lady doesn't show. I didn't I just tell her to send me the paypal and then she could just pick up the item. That way I would have been assured the sell and she could still have her item fast w/o having to pay shipping. And if she didn't want the item and not send pp I would have saved myself the stress of making sure I took that darn box with me to work.

Oh Well, such is life I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment